WIC Services

WIC-Growing Healthy FamiliesIf you are pregnant, or have just had a baby, or have a child under the age of 5, the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) could be able to help you.

What is WIC?

WIC provides nutrition education and healthy foods to:

  1. Women-who are pregnant, who are breastfeeding their babies, or who have given birth in the last six months.
  2. Infants-newborn to 12 months
  3. Children-age 1 to 5 years

How do you get WIC?

Contact the WIC Program in your area or your county health department to see if you qualify. Staff will:

- Ask your identity and residence. You will be asked to show ID and proof of where you live.

- Ask your household income to see if you meet income guidelines. You will meet these if you show proof of any of these:

  1. You receive KTAP, Food Stamps, or Medicaid, or
  2. A pregnant woman or infant in your household receives Medicaid, or
  3. A member of your household receives KTAP, or
  4. Your household income is at or below 185% of poverty.

- Do a simple health and diet screening to see if you have a nutritional or health need.


What will you receive?

Healthy Foods

Nutrition Education - You will also get nutrition information to help you choose nutrients foods and improve your and your family's health.

Health Care - WIC can help you find regular health care and childhood shots if needed.


Why is WIC important?

  1. Healthy foods help children grow and develop normally.
  2. Good nutrition helps to protect your whole family against health problems.
  3. WIC helps your community by building strong, healthy families.

WIC promotes, supports and encourages mothers to breastfeed their babies as it has been shown to provide many health, nutrition, and emotional benefits to both mothers and babies.  Currently, more than half of the nation’s infants are on WIC.  

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.

USDA WIC Nondiscrimination Statement (NDS)

Free Language Assistance & Other Aids and Services Available

To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD) . USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.